Work location will be at the U.S. Government Base in Doha, Qatar
Raytheon is seeking a Senior Computer Systems Technologist I/II to provide integration, operation and maintenance support for unclassified and classified networks. The candidate will have experience across multiple knowledge domains.
Primary duties include
Implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrading systems hardware and software configurations, ensuring total operational and functional compatibility with interfaces and interacting systems, subsystems, equipment, and computer applications. Systems include Windows Based Active Directory Domains, VMWare, Video Surveillance Software, Cisco Switches/Routers, and Video over IP (Multicast and Unicast-based). Will provide system demos and briefings to government customers, daily situational reports (SITREPs), and participate in daily status calls, and other meetings.
The individual must be able to learn quickly, be a team player, and have excellent communication skills. As the subject matter expert, candidate must possess strong troubleshooting skills and have the discipline to work independently or unsupervised, achieving results in a time critical and physically demanding environment while supporting other team members in a variety of tasks. The individual will also support on the job training of additional O&M personnel, contractors and military personnel.
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance as of day 1 of employment
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
Desired Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Must be a US citizen, have an Active DoD Secret Clearance and be TS/SCI eligible
- Degree or equivalent years of experience required per the Mission Video Distribution System (MVDS) contract.
- System/network administration experience
- Experience in Microsoft/Linux system administration and VMWare
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Microsoft: MCSA/MCSE 2012/2016 or MCITP
- Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, or CCNP
- Red Hat: RHCSA or RHSE
- Experience with written and verbal situational reports (SITREPs), briefings and demos
- Meet medical and physical requirements for deployment overseas
- Candidate must be familiar with DoD/DISA network security requirements and Information Assurance procedures and guidelines
- Have a current DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II/III certification (ex: Security+ CE)
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here:
- Well-spoken and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be a self-starter and be able to work in a distributed team environment
- Building and deploying Windows based products such as Windows Server 2012 or 2016 and Windows 7 or 10 in a domain environment
- Storage Area Networks (Fiber Channel and iSCSI)
- MS PowerShell and VBScript
- Experience with integration and implementation of significant GUI-oriented software products
- Strong understanding of VSphere 5/6 and ESXi
- Possess VMWare Certified Professional 5/6 (VCP 5/6) certification
- Experience with network security scanning and patch management tools such as McAfee HBSS, SCCM and ACAS
- Network Management tools such as SolarWinds
- NetApp Storage Solutions
- Cisco UCS and Cisco Nexus
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- Knowledge and experience of various video codecs to include MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264 and VC1
- Working knowledge of cabling to include termination of Cat5/Cat6, single and multi-strand fiber and co-ax cable
- Experience working on US government computer systems
- Experience working/interfacing with Air Force military customers
- Prior experience supporting military operations at OCONUS locations