Raytheon is seeking a Senior Manager Deputy Chief Engineer with experience in design, development, integration and sustainment of satellite ground systems including a broad knowledge of ground architectures, concept of operations, requirements and operations. Candidate must possess influential leadership skills to guide teams composed of program technical experts. The Sr. Manager will provide technical leadership and lead both sustainment, training, and future evolution of the current operational ground segment.
- Provide technical impact assessments to customer Requests For Change (RFCs).
- Develop and effectively present briefing material to senior Raytheon leaders and customer.
- Manage schedules and changes to ensure personnel have up to date and accurate information.
- Support the development of capacity based capability and integration into currently deployed ground segment.
- Lead team on projects producing upgrades, as directed by the Government.
- Analyze new and complex project related problems and create innovative solutions involving scheduling, methodology, and external support.
- Support Government customer to establish long- and short-range plans and objectives for release production, including candidate change prioritization and selection, systems integration and other related activities.
- Support the Government’s risk management processes, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Prepare and maintain SDRLs, as required.
- Interact with external community on requests for pursuit development, platform advocacy and contractual improvements, as well as CONOPs and requirements for future changes in conjunction with program leadership.
- Oversee plans, process development, and compliance IAW with Customer direction and the SOW.
- Ensure accurate flow-down of Systems Engineering Approach and Integration, Verification and Validation approach across the IPT.
- Perform systems engineering activities in support of on-going programs.
- Work with external industry and Govt. stakeholders in the resolution of engineering systems issues.
- Develop and maintain requirements for systems and subsystems.
- Prepare for and conduct design reviews.
- Work within and coordinate systems engineering activities across the customer, supplier and internal IPT.
- Clearance Requirement: Must possess a current/active TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to $40K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified and hired at Raytheon.Required Skills:
- Bachelor degree and at least Ten (10+) years demonstrated experience in systems engineering, software engineering or related engineering discipline;
- Experience with following systems engineering functions:
-Requirements development and management
-Interface definition and control
-Integration and test to include test planning and procedure development
- 12 years of engineering management experience with demonstrated engineering leadership
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including government customers, contractors, and program PMO/IPTs/CPTs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle in support of software development, avionics systems development or sustainment activities.
- Proven professional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Active Top Secret/SCI w/ CI Poly Level security clearance
- Demonstrated experience working directly with the customer
- Professionally represent Raytheon in external forums and customer reviews
- Operate with minimal oversight and direction by management
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead/managed a multi-disciplinary project/team
- Six Sigma Certification
- Program Management Leadership Level 6 certified
Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 12 years of related work experience required.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.