As a Principal Material Program Manager (MPM), you’re responsible for providing Supply Chain solutions across the Protected Communication Systems Product Line within Space and Airborne Systems.
In this role you will primarily support development of new business proposals. Working at the front end of the business, the MPM identifies and secures Supply Chain resources to support the capture plan and manages the Supply Chain content of the proposal. This includes leading the supply chain team in requesting and receiving supplier proposals, supporting development of the supply chain strategy and briefing supply chain proposal content to leadership. This position will be based out of Marlborough, Massachusetts.
Secondary responsibilities will include support of ongoing development programs by creating, managing and executing the material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plan (MPP) to ensure program competitiveness and performance from the front end of the business through contract closure. Provide comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensures IPDP compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable. Key activities typically include: financial management (i.e., EV, budgets, targets, working capital, material forecasts, etc.); overall ownership of the supplier management process (i.e., Supplier Risk/Opportunity Management Plan, supplier performance, metrics, international issues, develop/evaluate the MB/MW strategy, the Collaborative Agreement process, etc.), and communication of customer flowthrough requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc
- Serving as the supply chain interface to the program and aligning supply chain resources and solutions with the business needs
- Ensuring timely issue resolution for program requirements and issues
- Representing Supply Chain and providing input at gate reviews, EAC reviews, program reviews, and risk and opportunity management.
- Working closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Supplier engagements and collaborating with the program team
- Communicating effectively and routinely on Supply Chain performance to the function and to the program team
- Knowledge of IPDS supply chain processes and related systems, subcontract management, logistics, and asset management
- Knowledge of the Enterprise Subcontract Process Excellence (ESPX) process
- Tracking, entering and reporting on status of purchase requisitions and purchase orders
- Developing and maintaining a Material Program Plan (MPP) and providing support to the business across the Supply Chain development, production and sustainment lifecycle.
- Using Six Sigma and critical thinking skills to propose sound and innovative business solutions to increase operational efficiencies to insure business area and program success.
- Accountability for closeout of contractual obligations (e.g. deliveries and open commitments)
- 6+ years of Supply Chain Management experience
- Experience utilizing an MRP or ERP system such as SAP or Oracle
- Experience leading or participating in cross–functional teams.
- Material Program Management certification required within one year in role (Level 4)
- Strong Earned Value Management and Financial management skills, including material EACs and material forecasting.
Required Education (including Major):
- 6+ years of Quality, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Program or Project Management
- Possess strong analytical, communication and teaming skills.
- Experience with EVMS or budget or financial management skills.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills; ability to listen well and communicate effectively with others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, PDM or other engineering product data management systems, and PRISM or other SAP MRP/ERP systems
- ·Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with geographically dispersed, cross-function team members
- ·Demonstrated ability to resolve problems in a timely, effective manner, including exercising judgment in complex or ambiguous scenarios
·Knowledge and experience with U.S. Government regulations and Public Laws as they pertain to doing business with foreign companies
·Experience in the production and support phase of the program lifecycle
·Experience with Export/Import policy
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or Business Management
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.