The Systems Engineering Organization currently has a need for a Section Manager in the Systems Engineering, Integration and Test Department (SEIT). This department provides a wide range of general System Engineering services, Integration and Test Engineering work products in support of Vision Systems’ high technology Electro Optics portfolio. The Section manager role is for the Space Systems Product area with the following duties:
- Leading System Engineering group efforts; particularly the approach and processes related to the program operations concept, architecture, design, development, integration and including test of EO/IR systems for space sensors.
- Partner with Program Management to ensure systems engineering discipline, and successful program execution within cost, schedule and technical milestones
- Constant collaboration with multiple Hardware Design Engineering functions to ensure proper and consistent sub-system requirements flow down to the hardware design teams is understood, design trades are conducted and the results are documented and peer reviewed.
- EO/IR Systems concept and architecture development, defining and maintaining the technical baseline for the program/product.
- EO and Systems performance predictions/analysis
- Proposal and white paper generation and support
- Technical presentations with internal and external customers
- Manage the section within allocated budgets, including performance reviews and all related personnel functions.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Report on group activities to Engineering leadership, and be the conduit for information flow to the engineering teams.
The Space Systems section and its manager are key technical contributors to the programs supported by the systems engineering department and in addition, performs direct line management activities for approximately 10-12 engineers. These activities include career development and performance evaluations of their people, resource allocation, being the champion of engineering best practices, actively engaging with programs to facilitate execution and functional development of proposals. The Section Manager serves as a day-to-day liaison to the programs ensuring program success along technical, cost and schedule parameters, as well as overseeing section member job assignments, performance, and recognition.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in space systems engineering, analysis, and/or verification
- Demonstrated leadership experience in systems engineering processes, including requirements definition, design, test planning, test execution, data analysis, and operations support
- Requirements Management experience via DOORs
- Multidisciplinary leadership experience in the engineering design and/or test of optical and/or RF systems and associated special test equipment
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Capable of effectively working in a team environment, often under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of employment
- Engineering leadership experience with space imaging technology
- Modeling and simulation of space systems
- Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
- Experience in environmental test methods
- IPTL & EVMS experience
- Ability to obtain a SSBI clearance
Bachelors degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) DisciplineDesired Education:
MS in Engineering, Sciences, or Management
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.