Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an excellent opportunity within the estimating organization for a Proposal Analyst II. This position will primarily support the finance proposal activity for Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) – RTS (Reconnaissance and Targeting Systems) mission area in McKinney, TX. This great growth opportunity will provide an ambitious individual with the ability to interface and partner with Program Leadership and Capture Management, as well as Finance and functional Technical Leads, during pursuit of new and follow-on business.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and schedule proposal efforts. Compiling cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with the customer’s request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
• Coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments.
• Research and analyze historical data and developing cost models to support proposal efforts.
• Coordinate activities and participate in fact-finding meetings.
• Participate in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
• Participate as a member of the contract negotiating team.
• Serve as credible POC for questions regarding E&P to affected/interested parties (e.g., Business
Leadership, Financial Leadership, Program Management, etc.).
• Ensure that all applicable parties (e.g., Engineering, Subcontracts, program management and other E&P colleagues) collaborate toward accurate, current and complete proposal submissions.
• Identify and gather relevant data (e.g., similar to data, competitive assessments, labor hours, material costs, etc.) regarding proposals under one’s service from financial systems or appropriate contact in a timely manner.
• Analyze BOMs and BOEs to ensure reasonableness, adequate rationale and proper supporting data.
• Ensure cost volumes are set-up correctly by a complete understanding of the applicable proposal process and intricacies of the specific proposal and customer requirements.
• Apply knowledge of successful proposal execution to increase efficiency of the proposal process
• Adequately identify risks or problematic issues that surface in proposals under one’s service, and notify proposal management accordingly.
• Strong organization skills, with the ability to work well with peers and management in a highly team oriented environment
• Good communication and analytic skills, with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Basic understanding of, and ability to apply the FAR, Part 15 requirements, and the requirements in our Cost Estimating Manual, in the development of proposals
• Ability to rapidly learn ACES pricing tool
• Fluent in Microsoft Office Products especially Excel
• Detail oriented and capable of producing current, accurate, and complete cost proposal documents on which the corporation can rely for decisions or offers to sell
• Ability to ensure that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules
• Ability to analyze statement of work and RFPs on smaller proposals in order to meet customer expectations
• Demonstrate an understanding of how proposal information flows into and impacts the cost volume
• Experience in functional estimating, program business and/or functional business roles is highly desired
• Strong working knowledge of the Raytheon pricing tool, ACES or other industry pricing tools
• Experience and ability to respond effectively to requests from DCAA & DCMA
• Demonstrate basic understanding of Price to Win, Win Strategy, and assist in creating return on investment, competitor assessments, and new business investment budgets
Required Education and Experience :
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related/applicable field and 2 years of applicable professional experience in OR a Master’s degree and 1 year applicable professional experience
US Citizenship Required
This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.