Raytheon Professional Services (RPS) is looking for an Automotive Aftermarket Instructor to facilitate instructor led training to independent automotive aftermarket service technicians in the St. Louis, MO area. This individual must be highly motivated, willing to accept new challenges, and be able to complete tasks with minimal direction, including personal study in order to stay current with emerging technology.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Working directly with service technicians in a classroom setting to effectively transfer theoretical knowledge to actual live diagnostic strategies
- Accurately and objectively evaluate the diagnostic skills and aptitude of service technician’s skills in a classroom setting
- Conduct evening seminars as required
- Support and participate in alternate training delivery methods including: video, web-based training, virtual classroom training, hands-on training and certification
It is important to note that this position requires up to 80% travel to facilitate training at various locations.Required Skills:
- Minimum of four years automotive technician experience
- Proficient with automotive service information and diagnostic support software
- Ability to work skillfully with highly technical diagnostic equipment, including: scan tools, lab scopes, DVOMs, HVAC equipment, vibration diagnostic equipment, etc.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and work environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills; working with customers and coworkers in a team setting
- Strong working knowledge in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), internet and email
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strongly preferred: Current ASE Certified Master A1 - A-8 Automobile Technician (must be obtained within first year of employment)
- ASE A9, L1, L3 and Section 609 certifications (must obtain within first year of employment)
- Automotive instructor or public speaking experience
- Experience with aftermarket parts and supplier processes/standards is a plus
- Minimum Associates’ Degree in Automotive Technology or related area
- Four years automotive technician work experience with a high school diploma may be considered in lieu of degree
Work is performed in an automotive shop setting. Working in shop areas may involve exposure to various automotive fumes, fluids, noise, smells, sharp edges or bump hazards that require continuous use of personal protective equipment, i.e., safety glasses, gloves, and/or head protection. Work may involve standing, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to operate a motor vehicle for up to five hours at a time. In addition the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. Duties may involve moving materials weighing up to 35 pounds on a regular basis such as automotive components and equipment, as well as papers, files, boxes, computers, etc. Manual dexterity and coordination is required in order to operate equipment such as a computer keyboard, monitor, projector, calculator, printer, and standard office equipment.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.