***This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a degree during the current academic year or who received their degree within the last 18 months.***
Systems Design teams within the System Design & Performance Directorate is responsible for the overall technical integrity of the systems being developed, collaborating with Guidance Navigation Controls; Modeling, Simulation and Analysis; and Signal Processing. System Design & Performance is currently looking for entry level Systems Engineers to provide systems design support for programs in various stages of the product life cycle.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Requirements decomposition and lower tier requirements derivation for the system. Requirements development and maturation to include subsystem and component level. (through this you learn and communicate how the system is really going to function
- Develop system architectures that meet the system performance and interface requirements
- Perform trade studies on the best solutions to develop the system. (you determine the most efficient design that has the lowest cost)
- Establish verification and validation techniques for requirements at all indentureships of complex systems to include application of simulation, testing, analysis, and demonstration.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering disciplines, Computer Science, Math or Physics. ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required accreditation standard. A cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required.
- Proven strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Basic Engineering skills and interest in how systems are developed and function
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Matlab and/or C++ experience
- Modeling and Simulation experience
- Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
- Strong communication skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills
- Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue information and solve problems
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to problem solve and seek out additional resources
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.