Missile Systems is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
The MSA teams within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) directorate provide, develop, and maintain high fidelity performance simulations (including multiple sensor channels, scene generation capability, control hardware, physical environment, and embedded software), execute system performance analysis (including pre-flight prediction, post flight matching, and verification and validation), support new business initiatives and develop & execute technology roadmaps. Our teams’ interns are versatile, eager to learn, innovative, and self-motivated. Learn more and apply today!
The Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Intern will work within a multi-discipline team (e.g. Guidance, Navigation, and Control, signal processing, mechanical design) to design and develop differing levels of fidelity simulation models which represent the components of a system. This includes the ability to read, debug, edit and create computer programming code to enhance simulation models, creating and executing unit tests on the models to verify functionality, documenting the design and test results, and integrating with other component models in a complex system simulation environment.
The Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Intern will execute simulations in a high-performance computing environment, which can include the use of Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), to support missile system design/trade studies, performance assessment, and system test. This Intern will work within a team to develop analysis of the data for the specific task as well as provide insight and understanding of the system performance, recognizing and troubleshooting any anomalies observed in the simulation results
The Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Intern will ensure the solutions provided meet their defined requirements and function as needed through rigorous verification and validation. This activity utilizes data from a number of sources up to and including system level flight testing.Please note: We are not seeking interns with an AutoCAD or 3-D modeling background or network modeling from an IT perspective.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Post-Graduate standing from an ABET accredited institution pursuing a in a STEM degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, other Engineering disciplines, Physics, Math, or related field. Minimum GPA of 3.0 required.
- Academic or applied experience programming in a compiled language, such as C++, Java, or Fortran (C++ preferred)
- Academic or applied experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Academic or applied experience using tools to analyze data sets, such as MATLAB
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Desired Experience & Skills:
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.Benefits:
- Knowledge of basic physics and its application to modeling and analysis
- Experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations
- Knowledge of statistics
- Familiarity and knowledge of system engineering and analysis
- Debugging/Analysis methodologies in optimizing application performance
- Ability to read, debug, edit and create computer programming code to develop and enhance simulation models
- Ability to work well in teams of varying disciplines and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution style
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. ***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***Note: This position can be a Salary Grade ST02, Salary Grade ST03, Salary Grade ST04 or Salary Grade ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
ST02 (Sophomore Technical Intern) - Must have completed 30 credit hours of college
ST03 (Junior Technical Intern) - Must have completed 60 credit hours of college
ST04 (Senior Technical Intern) - Must have completed 90 credit hours of collegeST05 (Post- Graduate Technical Intern) - Must have an undergraduate degree and currently seeking a graduate degree (In degree fields listed in Required Education)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.