Are you an expert in supersonic or guided hypersonic vehicle design and performance?
Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are critical to the defense of our nation?
Do you enjoy working on dynamic teams where you share knowledge and learn from others?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, we need you!
We are Missile Systems, an innovative technology leader specializing in defense, security, and civilian markets. You’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding engineering challenges on the planet. We are seeking motivated individuals with interest and expertise in missile systems design specifically for hypersonic applications. We offer competitive salaries, bonus structure, excellent benefits, and a comprehensive relocation package.
This is a technical position focused on systems design, integration, and performance assessment of hypersonic missile systems. The ideal candidate will apply knowledge of hypersonic systems to the analysis of missile performance in both simulation and flight test environments. The systems design and performance engineer will develop solutions to complex problems that require application of advanced technical principles. The role often requires acting independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of hypersonic systems design. The individual will represent the organization as an expert within their technical field while working with senior leadership to plan and execute program milestones to accomplish long-range objectives.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Development of hypersonic systems architectures and requirements.
- Knowledge of system engineering design methods including requirements analysis and flow down.
- Concept development and execution of trade studies for hypersonic missile applications.
- Development of overall system integration plan and subsystem strategy for design, analysis, and testing.
- Assessing system interface and integration risks through simulation and flight test data analysis.
- Development of systems models for use in high fidelity simulations.
- Implementation of advanced guidance algorithms to maximize performance of hypersonic systems.
- Coding of algorithms in higher order computer languages to support simulation development.
- Performance analysis by simulation and flight test, including verification and validation techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering disciplines, natural or physical sciences, mathematics, or physics.
- Ten (10) years of Guidance, Navigation and Controls Engineering or Systems Engineering experience
- Five (5) years of professional experience in hypersonic or supersonic aircraft or missile system design and analysis using high fidelity simulations.
- Prior experience performing analysis of hypersonic / supersonic air vehicle attributes in either simulation or flight test venues.
- Experience conducting trade studies to analyze and enhance system performance.
- Prior work experience developing or modifying code in higher level languages like FORTRAN, Ada, C++, and/or MATLAB to support embedded software development and/or hardware/software integration.
- United States citizenship
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
Check us out on YouTube!
- MS or PhD in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Research and/or applied experience in advanced hypersonics systems design techniques such as:
- Development of hypersonic guidance algorithm architectures and requirements.
- Optimal guidance theory, trajectory shaping, estimation theory, analysis of random processes, non-linear Kalman filters, and/or particle filters.
- Advanced control techniques such as adaptive control, nonlinear control, or integrated guidance and control.
- Development of hypersonic autopilot topologies and requirements.
- Development of hypersonic aerodynamic configurations and requirements.
- Conducting high-speed wind tunnel tests and CFD analysis to predict aerodynamic effects.
- Analyzing the effects of the high-speed environment on RADAR and RF systems.
- Demonstrated experience taking a hypersonic missile design from concept to flight test with expertise verifying subsystem performance from simulation and post-flight data analysis.
- Experience in model development and testing with proven knowledge of fundamental concepts and a high level of analytical capability to drive technical solutions.
- Concept development to generate the specifications and documentation necessary to support architecture design and integration of requirements into simulation and tactical applications.
- Career development skills, including written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity and knowledge of systems engineering and analysis for interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Coupled analysis, specifically aero/thermal/structural analysis
- Experience leading a program focused development team, with understanding of how to balance and drive system performance and survivability.
- Well known with established relationships in the defense community including the hypersonics technical domain, with patents and publications in applicable technical areas a plus.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.