Missile Systems is the world’s largest producer of advanced missile systems supporting our US warfighters and international allies. Every missile system contains a set of purpose designed electrical subsystems. These subsystems enable the guidance, navigation, signal processing, target detection and tracking functions of the missile. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems including design, test and production.
The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) Subsystems Center (SSC) is looking for Electrical Engineers responsible for rapid prototyping, integrating, and demonstrating research based and proof of concept designs for our Advanced Missile Systems Programs.
Strong candidates will possess the skills and passion to engineer complex systems, subsystems, circuit card assemblies and components in a fast paced environment. They are comfortable engaging in a multi-disciplined team from a variety of discipline perspectives and can integrate, test and demonstrate hardware rapidly. Qualified candidates must have experience with digital, analog and/or RF development and test.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Location: Tucson, AZ. Some travel to suppliers may be required.
- Minimum 6 years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of analog, digital, and/or mixed signal circuit design or analysis
- Experience with electronic subsystems including any of the following; EO or RF Seeker/Sensor, CCA (circuit card assembly), electrical test and/or integration
- U.S Citizenship is required
- Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
- Experience with any of the following tools: Mentor Graphics Designer, PSPICE, System Vision, MATLAB, Mathcad, IDL, Computer Simulation Technologies (CST), Microwave Design Studio, High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) and Advanced Design System (ADS).
- Experience with test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations and FRACAS processes
- Knowledge and experience with Material Review Board, Process Configuration Board, Configuration Control Board and Failure Review Board processes, proposing/defending and implementing Change Notices
- Familiarity with missile communication transceivers and data links, inertial measurement units (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
- Experience architecting electrical subsystems, and requirements allocation and trades
Required Education (including Major):
B.S in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or Systems Engineering degree or related STEM degree
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.