Missile Systems is the world’s largest producer of advanced missile systems supporting our US warfighters and international allies. Every missile system contains a set of purpose designed electrical subsystems. These subsystems enable the guidance, navigation, signal processing, target detection and tracking functions of the missile. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems including design, test and production.
The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) Subsystems Center (SSC) is looking for an electrical subsystem Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead. The IPT Lead engineer is responsible for driving the execution of the electrical subsystem through the life cycle of the product. Tasks include supporting development or production, leading proposal activities, and technical management of both engineering disciplines and suppliers for programs throughout the product life cycle.
Successful candidate will be a self-starter with proven project organization and execution skills, multi-tasking and verbal/written communication and presentation skills, and experience in a budget and schedule critical environment. Candidates should lead multi-discipline teams to develop systems from concept through integration and production, and develop solutions to a variety of technical problems of large scope and complexity. A candidate willing to collaborate and coordinate with Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and other Engineering disciplines to resolve issues. Qualified candidates must have experience with digital, analog and/or RF testing and experience debugging complex circuit card assemblies or electro-mechanical systems. Knowledge of RF / microwave devices preferred.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Location: Tucson, AZ. Some travel to suppliers may be required.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience with progressing leadership roles.
- Experience with any of the following as it relates to Electrical subsystems and/or Circuit Card Assembly: development, integration, test and/or production support.
- Experience with analog, digital and/or mixed signal circuit design/analysis or hardware integration/test.
- U.S Citizenship is required
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, Math or related STEM degree
- Experience in the design, test and sell off of military systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a complex engineering team
- Solid understanding of hardware testing methodologies
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations and FRACAS processes
- Knowledge and experience with Material Review Board, Process Configuration Board, Configuration Control Board and Failure Review Board processes, proposing/defending and implementing Change Notices
- Experience in resolving production issues with suppliers and sub-tier suppliers
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the assembly, integration and test of EO and RF subsystems.
- Mentor Graphics DxDesigner experience and command of circuit simulation and analysis tools such as PSPICE, System Vision
- Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
- Familiarity with missile communication transceivers and data links, IR or RF sensors, inertial measurement units (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
- Planning and leading hardware subsystem development activities
- Experience managing cost and schedule with Earned Value Management methodologies
- Technical writing and/or formal presentation experience
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.