GPM Operations Systems Engineer (RT Operations Engineer)
This position will support the Ground Systems and Mission Operations (GSMO) contract at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center as an Operations Systems Engineer for the Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) Flight Operations Team (FOT). The GPM FOT Operations Systems Engineer will:
- Report to the GPM FOT Lead Operations Engineer on all matters related to GPM mission operations.
- Support RT Operations as scheduled and cover scheduled vacancies as necessary
- Represent GPM Flight Operations Team at technical meetings as required by the GPM Mission Director. This may include a variety of Technical Interface Meetings (TIMs), Anomaly and Failure Review Boards (FRBs), Command Authorization Meetings (CAMs), and Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings.
- Monitor the health and safety of the GPM spacecraft and ground system.
- Monitor real-time activities, as required, and support special activities as necessary (DV, Yaw Maneuvers, DPR External Calibrations, etc…).
- Respond to, identify and investigate spacecraft and ground anomalies.
- Generate weekly reports, CAMs, Monthly Status Reviews (MSR), Annual Operations Status Review, etc…
- Support MSR as required to discuss assigned systems/subsystems
- Generate MOCRs, OARs, Event Reports, and Anomaly Reports as necessary
- Perform daily trending and data analysis activities for assigned instruments/subsystems
- Perform verification testing using the FlatSat for all off-nominal activities prior to use on the spacecraft.
- Support GPM Automation development and testing
- Support FOT in nominal, critical, and contingency operations
- Maintain LOPs, STOL procedures, displays, the training program and other operational tools, processes, and artifacts required for the on-going success of GPM.
- Train other FOT members
- Complete required certification tests in a timely manner
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Will be required to be on-call one week per month (Monday – Monday), with additional off-nominal hours possible during special operations (including weekends and holidays).
- Associate Technical Professional - Systems Engineering: BS in engineering, applied science, or related field and 0-1 year of progressive, related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Prior spacecraft Flight Operations Team engineering experience.
- Domain knowledge and experience with GSFC spacecraft operations, especially prior flight operations and ground system experience is desired
- Spacecraft subsystem engineering leadership experience.
- Experience with the ASIST® Telemetry and Command System.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .