Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech’s Air Force and Space Division is recruiting highly talented candidates to support a contract that provides “cradle to grave” support to the United States Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Launch Systems Enterprise Directorate’s – National Security Space Launch (NSSL).
We assist the Air Force by supporting a multitude of areas, including Systems Engineering & Integration, Acquisition & Program Management Support, Mission Integration Management, System Safety & Environmental Engineering, Systems Security & Information Assurance, Launch Schedule and Risk Management, Certification of New Entrant Launch Vehicles.
ManTech is actively seeking a motivated, customer-oriented NSSL Ground Systems Project Engineer to join our team in the El Segundo, CA area.
- Provide Launch Site Ground Systems engineering expertise at our El Segundo, CA office.
- Areas of expertise: Launch Site ground mechanical support equipment, electrical ground support equipment, infrastructure, commodities, personnel, organizations, and operations.
- Plan, coordinate, participate or lead Engineering Review Boards, provide risk assessments and recommendations.
- Prepare status and readiness review packages including risk recommendations and mitigation.
- Review and analyze Launch Site design, manufacturing, test, & mission data.
- Produce integrated technical assessments on current & future design, test, manufacturing, and operations.
- Support acquisition functions such as requirements development, request for proposals, source selection, and cost technical.
- Perform systems engineering functions such as requirements definition, design review, test review, pedigree, hardware acceptance, verification, operations, and post-flight analyses.
- Prepare Customer team for, and support rehearsals and launch operations and anomaly resolution.
- Perform technical and engineering data management, such as data mining and reporting.
- Collaborate with Aerospace Corporation, Launch Vehicle Contractors (LVCs), Launch Sites, factories.
- Prepare weekly and other written evaluations and reports of a technical nature.
- Serve as authority in Launch Site Ground; support USAF customers in the preparation for and execution of Chief Engineer briefings, Weekly Status Reviews, and other SMC processes.
The preferred candidate will have or be able to do the following skills:
- Knowledge of USAF and NASA launch and range systems and operations.
- Knowledge of Atlas and/or Delta LV design, manufacture, test, and launch operations preferred.
- Experience with USAF, NRO, NASA, and LV Contractors and subcontractors preferred.
- Ability to assess design drawings, processes, and procedures, and non-conformance's.
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams during design, test, and evolution.
- Ability to perform design reviews, pre/post-test reviews, procedure reviews, anomaly resolution.
- Ability preparing, collaborating, producing written/verbal reports to colleagues and leadership.
- Ability to perform Knowledge Capture, Process Definition, and prepare training materials.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the USAF, NASA, NRO, LV Contractors, and Aerospace Corp.
- Ability to work effectively with the Los Angeles AFB (SMC) Launch Enterprise.
- Ability to (learn how to and) operate DOL data systems and provide training to customers and colleagues to support polling, status reporting, and anomaly resolution.
- Must have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Must have a current secret clearance.
- Knowledge/experience with Launch Site mechanical ground support equipment, electrical ground support equipment, infrastructure, commodities, personnel, organizations, and operations.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.