Satellite Operations Specialist, (Satellite Specialist)
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Sign on Bonus Available!!!
Relocation Allowance will be considered.
KBR is seeking a Satellite Operations Specialist to join our team in Albuquerque, New Mexico on the Space Test & Engineering contract.
- You will function as a Satellite Operations Engineer and perform real-time satellite contacts, configuring command and control ground equipment during pre-pass, pass and post-pass periods.
- You will support system readiness, planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation for satellite launch and early orbit operations, on-orbit operations, and end-of-life retirement and disposal.
- Perform mission and pre-pass planning, scheduling, data trending and analysis, real-time operations, and spacecraft anomaly resolution.
- Establishment, implement, and maintenance of standardized operating procedures.
- Conflict resolution to support the acquisition, tracking, commanding, control, and telemetry data acquisition for space vehicles.
- Mission data reduction and analysis and data delivery to the customers.
- Operational transition of satellites to different ground support complexes as required.
- You will develop automated operations procedures and tools.
- Implementation of anomaly response plans including participation in tiger-team discussions, recovery actions proposal and evaluation, implementation of approved solutions and anomaly report generation.
- Accomplishment of long-term trending of vehicle telemetry and notification to the government of these trends that indicate potential vehicle problems.
- Real-time evaluation of spacecraft, payload, and ground systems status in accordance with established mission requirements.
- Initial troubleshooting of operational problems, assisting in determination of root causes, documentation of these problems, and participates in corrective and prevention activities .
- Position will require shift work or support during offshift hours.
- Ability to use Microsoft products.
- Ability to use Commercial and Government Off the Shelf software products.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to present briefings, discuss and coordinate problems and recommend solutions.
- Requires real-time problem solving skills and ability to follow procedures, checklists and contingency plans
- Associates Degree in technical field or equivalent experience; Bachelor's Degree in technical field preferred (Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science, etc.).
- 2 years previous work with satellite and/or payload operations, scheduling, de-confliction and mission planning.
- US Citizenship and active DoD TS with SCI eligibility is required to be considered for this position.
- Ability to script and program using Perl, C#, and other programming languages.
- Experience operating multiple satellite families in different orbits (LEO, HEO, GEO).
- Familiarity with AFSCN and TDRSS.
- TS with SSBI less than 5 years old and SCI eligibility.
- Competitive health, wellness & lifestyle benefits
- Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .