Poland BOSS: Deputy Project Manager
Deputy Project Manager
Under broad direction, provides Operations and Maintenance support services to base facilities. Responsible for routine and emergency service work orders, repairs, preventative maintenance, maintaining functionality of base Facilities, infrastructure and related sustainment services (Water Production, Ice Production, Solid Waste and Sewage removal, Janitorial, transportation, Vehicle Maintenance and Power Generation services. Plans, schedules, and leads work efforts for all services, facility maintenance, repairs and up-grades. Responsible for planning, managing and resolving customer requests and inquiries related to services, facilities planning, design, and construction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and controls activities supporting maintain and repair of service equipment, facilities, systems, and infrastructure components.
- Monitors building status and ensures proper functionality of facility is maintained.
- Responsible for oversight of Centralized Customer Service Desk, work order requests, control and reporting, fire and safety inspections, key control, and scheduling of common user services such as janitorial, landscaping, move services, and maintenance or repair activities.
- Directs maintenance and preventative maintenance checks.
- Plans, budgets, and controls work assignments. Must have experience with Firm Fixed Price Contracts.
- Interfaces with base /camp engineering and Public Works Office counterparts.
- Ensures compliance with company, OSHA and DOD safety policies.
- Preferred candidate will possess and 8- 10 years of related experience in (Engineering/Construction/Facility Management in related field). Professional certification is valued and undergraduate degree preferred.
- Previous assignments and recent work history supporting Navy or DOD BOS or Facility Support operations in austere or remote environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge in facility management, work prioritization, and supervision of mixed labor force.
- Excellent customer relations, communication, leadership, and inter-personal skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of DoD 4165.63-M
- Needs operational management or hands on experience in HVAC, Plumbing, Carpenter, Vector Control, Custodial services, labor management.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.