- KBR is seeking to hire a Software Engineer in Lexington Park, MD. This candidate will perform all activities associated with the design, development, implementation, maintenance, configuration management and quality control of software for scientific/engineering applications. The job duties will include:
- Analyze customer requirements and translate them into a design. Create prototypes. Perform internal testing of software products. Respond to and resolve software discrepancies against documented requirements.
- Generate program design language and code based on department standards. Determine software maintainability and overall adherence to user requirements on department standards. Generate/update documents defining software product baselines.
- Evaluate vendor software and make recommendations. Key areas of specialization are: - Applications Programmer/ Analyst: Analyzes and evaluates systems and devises computer specifications and systems for scientific/engineering applications to process data.
- Encodes, tests, debugs, and installs operating programs and procedures. - Engineering Support: Participates with engineering in the design, development, and utilization of scientific/engineering electronic data processing systems software.
- Provides analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software for products such as utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participates in the development of engineering test strategies, devices and systems.
- As a team leader: plan and organize projects, direct multiple projects through the different phases, and manage project resources.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain enterprise scale C#/.NET web applications.
- Modify existing ASP.NET Framework solutions.
- Conduct unit testing and assist with integration testing.
- Design and develop relational database objects.
- Analyze stakeholder and software requirements. REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma/GED required.
- BS/BA Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Information Systems or related technology field is preferred. Experience or certifications may be substituted for degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in web-based software design, development and testing. DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with MVP and/or MVC.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with MS Team Foundation Server.
- Active Secret clearance.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .