Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech’s Air Force and Space Division is recruiting highly talented candidates to support a contract that provides “cradle to grave” support to the United States Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Launch Systems Enterprise Directorate’s – National Security Space Launch (NSSL).
We assist the Air Force by supporting a multitude of areas, including Systems Engineering & Integration, Acquisition & Program Management Support, Mission Integration Management, System Safety & Environmental Engineering, Systems Security & Information Assurance, Launch Schedule and Risk Management, Certification of New Entrant Launch Vehicles.
ManTech is actively seeking a motivated, customer-oriented NSSL Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in the Decatur, AL area.
- Provide Launch Vehicle Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering expertise at our Decatur, AL office.
- Apply expertise in Structures, materials, manufacturing, industrial engineering, logistics, test, operations, processes, personnel, and organizations.
- Prepare assessments of Engineering Review Boards including risk recommendations.
- Support Customer acquisition functions such as requirements development, request for proposals, and cost/technical/schedule/performance reports.
- Perform and support systems engineering functions such as requirements definition, design review, test review, risk management, pedigree, hardware acceptance, verification, operations, anomaly resolution, and post-flight analyses.
- Perform manufacturing/industrial engineering functions such as assessment of LV design, manufacturing methods, procedures, tooling, facilities, infrastructure, personnel qualifications, non-conformance assessment, material review boards, corrective action reports, calibration, environmental controls, quality assurance, non-destructive examinations, safety methods, regulations, supplier management, and transportation.
- Prepare Customer team for, and support manufacturing operations and anomaly resolution.
- Plan, coordinate, brief, support Engineer Review Boards, program reviews, and other meetings.
- Perform technical and engineering data management, such as data mining and reporting.
- Perform Training and Certification including course development, peer review, training, mentoring.
- Collaborate with USAF System Program Offices, Aerospace Corporation, Launch Vehicle Contractors (LVCs), Subcontractors, Launch Sites, and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
- Prepare weekly and other written evaluations and reports of a technical nature.
- Design, test, manufacture, and operation of systems, processes, personnel, and organizations.
- Performing reviews of design, manufacturing, test, procedures, anomaly resolution.
- Providing risk assessments and actionable recommendations and mitigations.
- Performing acquisition functions such as requirements development and performance assessments.
- Performing systems engineering functions from requirements development through post-flight reporting.
- Operating Manufacturing data systems and providing training and support to customers and colleagues.
- Interacting effectively with USAF, SMC, DCMA, NASA, NRO, LV, subcontractors and Aerospace Corporation.
- Performing Knowledge Capture, Process Definition, preparing and providing training.
- Preparing and giving written and verbal presentations and reports to senior engineers and management.
- Knowledge of LV structures and mechanical systems preferred.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of direct related experience.
- Current Active DoD Secret clearance
- “Quick Learner” and “Great Teacher”; able to provide thoughtful, credible training and mentoring.
- Independence, initiative, dedicated, collaborative, proactive, success-oriented problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Information Technology systems and databases.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.