Data Base Specialist
Top Secret (Clearance FAQs HERE)
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for the following position: Data Base Specialist
. This position supports the Information Technology Infrastructure Division (ITID), Collaboration and Identity Services Section’s (CISS) Mobility Program Office (MPO) and is a part of the Telecommunications Expense Management (TEM) team. The objective of this team is to provide program management of enterprise managed smartphones, tablets, and other mobile telecommunications support services to classified and unclassified FBI enterprises.
The TEM team will be comprised of multiple analysts and data analysts who will provide the highest level of customer support experts to manage at least 40-50,000 mobile devices, their inventory and carrier voice/data plans. The team will utilize designated FBI database systems to provide outputs such as (but not limited to) scheduled reports, ad hoc reports, monitoring reports, usage reports, and data synchronization. The requirements for this position on this contract are as follows:
- Top Secret Security Clearance. Qualified candidates will already possess the fully adjudicated clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least one (1) year of demonstrated experience with enterprise database systems such as, but not limited to: Oracle 10g, 11g, APEX, Oracle PL/SQL Script (Modify Scripts, Develop New Scripts) to produce user reports, SQL Loader, SQL Developer, Oracle Data Modeler, and Microsoft Office products.
ATSG Benefits & Perks—
- Functional Responsibility: Maintain the designated FBI database reports. Provide technical support to the MPO regarding the current database usage, re-designing the database and reporting process, and system enhancement requirements. Work closely with the MPO and FBI technical staff (Enterprise Applications and Database Services Section (EADS), Database Unit (DU)) to provide administration support for the FBI designated database system, diagnosing and resolving problems in the areas of: report creation, printing, report presentation, and report distribution. Perform routine database maintenance. Monitor the growth of the designated FBI database. Monitor the FBI designated database for inefficiencies, storage space availability, and log file sizes. Maintain the appropriate database size and notify the MPO and EADS\DU regarding space needs and concerns keeping the database optimized. Analyze and optimize database processes in coordination with the EADS\DU. Consult with data owners and FBI technical POCs to establish interfaces with database tables outside the MPO. Recommend database changes or modifications as necessary in support of the increased number of enterprise managed devices and voice/data plans. Ensure weekly backups of the FBI designated database scripts. Provide technical support during any database system migration.
- Corrective Maintenance: The Contractor shall perform corrective maintenance to identify and correct database failures, script failures, performance failures, and implementation failures. Activities associated with corrective maintenance shall include, but shall not be limited to, emergency repairs performed when immediate correction is necessary to continue user service and corrective coding performed to reflect the specifications or to correctly utilize system resources.
- Adaptive Maintenance: The Contractor shall perform adaptive maintenance to convert or enhance the database and supporting scripts to adapt to changes in the system requirements or the processing environment. Activities associated with adaptive maintenance shall include, but shall not be limited to, upgrades or conversions performed to adapt to changes in the hardware, software, or environments, and enhancements made to the system to provide additional or changed functionality to adapt to changes in the business processes or to extend the FBI designated database system to new users or to new environments.
- Sustaining Engineering: In addition to the maintenance activities described above, at a minimum, the Contractor shall perform the following system design and engineering activities:
- Maintain a database configuration baseline for the MPO.
- Provide technical assistance to the customers and the MPO.
- Perform modifications to the database tables and reporting process to support changes to the database, and to support reporting requirements provided by the MPO.
- Provide input to contingency planning documentation in the event of hardware failure or unavailability, i.e. the Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Prepare technical documentation (e.g. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Interface Control Document (ICD)) as requested by the MPO management and FBI technical POCs in order to accomplish tasks.
- Test and Verification: The Contractor shall fully test and verify all new and enhanced scripts and changes to the database. Written test plans may be required by the FBI Task Manager.
- Training: The Contractor shall be responsible for providing instructions and describing the functionality of the database and reporting processes to the FBI upon request of MPO management or the FBI management staff.
- Implementation: The Contractor shall provide technical support during the installation of new hardware, database upgrades, and software tool upgrades to support the designated FBI database system.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- We offer a QUICK and EASY application process!
- Medical, Dental, & Vison Insurance Available
- Our Medical Insurance Plan offers Virtual Visits that can be done via your smartphone, tablet, or computer without leaving your home or office- for addressing a wide range of minor conditions!
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO) & Sick Time Off (STO)
- Life and Disability Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) & Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Benefits: Fully Vested 401(k) Plan
- Voluntary Benefits such as Legal Resources, AFLAC, VPI Nationwide® Pet Insurance (because our fur-babies are family, too!), & Continuing Education Assistance.