Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Are you interested in defending the critical IT systems of our nation’s federal agencies? Have you ever worked in a managed service environment? What if we wanted you to do both?
ManTech is searching for talented IT professionals to support the CDM DEFEND F project, which is responsible for supporting providing defensive cybersecurity-as-a-service to 73 U.S. Federal Agencies. ManTech was the first and only company to develop this subscription based service to civilian agencies and is preparing to expand these services offerings beyond the originally planned capabilities. This dynamic and fast moving team will require each of us to learn new skills, test new technologies, and accept rapid rate of change and adoption. It’s Cloud. It’s FISMA High. It’s Cybersercurity. It’s challenging. It’s career enhancing. And it’s the future of our market.
The Senior System Engineer will perform a variety of complex project tasks applied to specialized technology problems; problems that may include exploring the capabilities of new cybersecurity tools, designing and building enhanced cyber tools into shared service platform, and/or supporting the operation and maintenance of deployed cybersecurity tools. Senior System Engineer will be responsible for providing guidance and direction to less tenured system engineers and may also assist architects design implementation strategies for new tools. Expert knowledge of any of the following is a plus: LANs, WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls, network protocols, and other security and network operations and monitoring, vulnerability analysis, PKI, data encryption, key management, data warehousing, and data mining capabilities.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and at 6 years of experience or at least 10 years of experience in leiu of a degree
• Agile and DevOps experience.
• Professional experience designing, building, implementing, and operating large-scale distributed systems.
• Understanding of elasticity and scalability concepts.
• CISSP or Security+ Certification
• Hands-on experience with cloud based deployment and management services.
• Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
• Knowledge of message queuing and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
• Hands-on experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
• Experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and OSI Network.
• Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
• Work experience with information and application security concepts, mechanisms, and tools.
• Awareness of end-user computing and collaborative technologies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.