Service Desk Technician
Wright Patterson AFB Dayton Ohio
TS/SCI Security Clearance is required
- Follow all approved customer policies, processes and procedures.
- Follow the written and verbal instructions provided by the CFP Crew Commander, CFP Branch Chief and/or Principal Technical Advisor (PTA).
- Coordinate corrective action required by outside/parent agencies as required.
- Responsible for monitoring, opening, assigning, updating and closing tickets on up to 4 separate ticketing systems.
- Troubleshoot assigned tickets using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Provide administrative support as required such as granting/revoking network access and file permissions; performing file/directory restorations; installation of desktop software; VoIP pin resets.
- Provide administrative support to user account creation and maintenance to include resetting account passwords and unlocking accounts.
- Provide desktop support at the customer's location as required; desktop support includes Windows and Red Hat Linux workstations and mobile computing (i.e. laptops and tablets).
- Provide 24-hour network and environmental monitoring and appropriate alarm reporting utilizing customer-provided tools/capabilities.
- Use the customer-provided network monitoring tool (E.g. Solarwinds) to monitor and support various networks and system assets.
- Perform system reboots in the data center as required following documented reboot procedures.
- Interact with other team members and back office (Level II) personnel to determine corrective action.
- Replace workstations with like systems and reload all applicable user applications
- Coordinate with other duty sections such as hardware technicians and software administrators when additional Level II2 or Level III3 support is required.
- Utilize customer-provided environmental monitoring system (E.g. Site Scan) to discover and report environmental systems problems.
- Follow the customer documented procedures to notify personnel of facility alarms to dispatch maintenance individuals.
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedures for backup and restoration.
- Physically or remotely log into the system and execute prepackaged Microsoft Installers (MSIs) or follow prescribed flowcharts/checklists.
- Provide Trusted Agent (TA) PKI support as requested.
- Provide daily network status reports.
- Update the HR/Personnel Database system daily.
- Assist Air Force Network (AFNET) Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) with resolution of Remedy trouble tickets.
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification.
- Minimum of five years' experience performing Microsoft administration and an understanding of networks and network infrastructure fundamentals.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively while recognizing customers' competence levels and approaching each level appropriately.
- Able to utilize standard Active Directory and UNIX based commands.
If you are interested and having difficulty applying, please send resume directly to Robert.Cellich@gdit.com
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.