GDIT has an immediate opening for an on-site Senior Systems Administrator supporting the Combat Arms Center (CAC) G6 Mission Data Center (MDC) on a US Army contract at Fort Leavenworth KS. This is the start of a three (3) year IT services contract managing a SharePoint Server Enterprise. The candidate must have experience configuring and administering Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server, and SharePoint Server 2013 ? 2016. Must have experience with VMware 6.0, and practical experience to perform VMware server farms contingency operations, disaster recovery, business continuity, COOP, and contingency processes.
This is a senior systems administrator position and must have five years practical experience in the following:
- VMware ESXi, vRealize Operations (vROps), and vCloud.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Administration
- EMC VNX SAN and Fibre Channel switches
- MS SQL database (SQL 2014 with always on availability cluster)
- MS IIS and related services
- MS SharePoint Server 2013/2016
VMware, VSphere, EMC VNX SANs, and Microsoft Infrastructure Systems are important skillsets for this position. Practical experience in administering SharePoint Enterprise sized farms is a must. Server management with experience in Operations and Maintenance (O&M), which includes system administration, SQL database administration, data backups, application monitoring, performance monitoring, capacity planning, problem resolution, troubleshooting / performing diagnostics, recommendations, infrastructure software deployment, application software deployment, configuration and patch management, incident response, and Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure. Must be able to mentor and train junior level administrators and brief customers on system performance and status updates. Duties are as follows and performs:
- Daily health and status monitoring of SharePoint Server Farm to include Windows Server 2012/2016, SQL Servers 2014/2017, and SharePoint 2013/2016.
- Create and update dashboards within vROps and other tools to provide effective Business Intelligence views.
- Provide weekly updates on Infrastructure Uptime, Availability, and Accessibility to the customer staff with ability to tailor views.
- Patch to DISA standards Windows OS, SQL, SharePoint and other applications within the SharePoint 2013 Farm.
- Implementation of the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) within the VMware infrastructure and within the SharePoint 2013 Farm.
- Creates documentation on processes and operational procedures (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, SOPs) used within an operational environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- DoD 8570.1M IAT Level II (CE ? MCSE Server Infrastructure or equivalent/updated training)
- Familiar with Drupal, Windows Server 2012r2, SharePoint 2013 ? 2016,
- Knowledge and practical experience to perform physical and VMware server farms contingency operations, disaster recovery, and business continuity
- Experience in Operations and maintenance, which includes system administration, SQL database administration, data backups, application monitoring, performance monitoring, capacity planning, problem resolution, infrastructure software deployment, application software deployment, configuration/patch management, and incident response.
- The selected candidate must be DoD 8570.1M IAT Level II compliant (e.g. CompTIA Security+ Certification) prior to start on task order.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical field.
- Deep domain troubleshooting skillsets, knowledge of infrastructure tools, and resolving issues on virtual machines (VMs), hardware, vCenter and storage utilizing vRealize Operations Manager (vROps).
- Five years practical experience in VMware, VSphere, EMC, EMC VNX SANs, NETAPP NAS, and Microsoft
- Five years practical experience in administering SharePoint Enterprise sized farms
- Server management and maintenance
- Knowledgeable of COOP and contingency processes
- MCSE Certification in Azure Cloud or Server Infrastructure a must
- A SECRET clearance is preferred but not initially required. The candidate will be submitted to a NACI background investigation and in addition will be submitted for a DoD clearance.
- Previously experience with a CAC card is preferred.
- VMware Certifications
- Practical experience is setting up systems monitoring and performance dashboards
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.