We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense and intelligence projects across the country.
We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
- Designs and codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools
- Maintains and modifies existing software applications.
- Analyzes detailed systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, software requirements, and alternative methods of problem resolution.
- Performs modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures.
- Participates in code reviews to represent reviewed work for adherence to standards and specifications.
- Writes or revises program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in accordance with standards.
- Expertise at configuring AWS/C2S Cloud environments following best practices.
- Assemble and integrate cloud operating platforms using open source & partner tools.
- Integrate infrastructure builds with continuous code deployment processes.
- Build automated deployments using configuration management playbooks and recipes.
- Ensure the performance, reliability, security and ease of maintenance for deployments.
- Full lifecycle application development experience
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with middleware products such as Apache and Tomcat
- Experience with AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, ASG, RDS, DynamoDB, EMR
- Extensive knowledge of RESTful patterns
- Experience with unit testing, code reviews, merge requests, and continuous integration
- Experience with DevOps/CI tools such as Git Hub, CloudFormation and Jenkins
- Implementing build pipelines with Git commit hooks (Code Commit/Code Deloy), Jenkins plug-ins, configuration management and AMI builders.
- Creating automation scripts with Python, bash (Cloud Formation, Cloud Init)
- Exposure to Agile/SCRUM methodologies, iterative development
- UI Development Experience
- Experience with both the operation of and interfacing with search engines such as Solr/Elasticsearch
- Understanding of Hadoop ecosystem and tools such as Cloudera
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.