- Responsible for the development implementation and continual improvement of service management processes such as Incident, Problem, and Event Management.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk and the Network Control Center that provides customer support 24x7x365 for the organization command and control
- Establish standards of performance, training and development programs, continuous improvement, and other practices that assure a strong and efficient IT service capability with user experience focus.
- Identify trends, anticipate problems, perform root cause analyses, and work across IT to implement preventative measures to ensure a best in class level of support and service through the use of metrics.
- Be proactive to follow up with the customers to ensure that Service Level Agreements are reached and maintained to meet the business needs.
- Responsible for effective external communications with the customers and internal communications with the Senior Managers to establish processes and service level objectives that assure system issues are resolved and users concerns addressed consistent with defined service level expectations.
- Must possess a strong leadership background to provide guidance and directions as it relates to Customer Satisfaction.
- Must demonstrate the ability to serve as the Program/Deputy Program Manager in their absence to continually support the business.
- Provide updates to the Program Manager and the Deputy Program Manager on any issues that could significantly impact the business.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work closely with other Senior Managers to ensure the timely delivery of consistent and predictable services to internal customers
- Demonstrate the ability to handle pressure situations with clarity, focus and professionalism at all times.
- Must be motivated to respond quickly to emergency and business impacting situations. Need to be adaptable to rapid changes.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate to ideas and messages during daily updates to the customers on all aspect of current operations.
Bachelor's Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 15+ years of related information systems experience, including management experience.
- IAT Level III Certification required
- ITIL v3 Certification required
- Must have at least 4 years of experience as an Operations Manager managing a team.
- Experience in analyzing incident, problem and change records to determine any trends or apparent problems that have occurred and to take any opportunities to improve service quality.
- Experience in monitoring, managing, and improving the efficiency of support services coordinating the activities within a corporate staff: HR, security, finance, accounting, contracts, procurement, operations, and compliance.
- Must have leadership and management skills and potential
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.