Job Duties: Network Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of voice video radio frequency, and/or data communications networks to include the following:
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Network Engineer candidate must have experience with the following:
- Working Tier 2/ Tier 3 Network related Remedy tickets
- Work with internal and external customers to fill information gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
- Assist in the development of the Network Transport Architecture
- Develop detailed logical designs in areas of:- IPv4 & IPv6 (will migrate to IPv6 over life of contract)-Routing Table Virtualization (VRFs)-Cisco MPLS-Security, IDS, VPN and various types of encryption
- QOS and COS
- Spanning Tree and Cisco VSS architectures
- Multicast architecture
- Gigabit Ethernet Switching/Routing (OSPF & BGPv4)
- Implement the above named detailed logical designs
- Monitor, Troubleshoot and maintain the implemented transport solutions
- Expereince with Juniper and Cisco
- Active TS/SCI
- BA/BS Degree and 10+ years's experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.