Sr. Solutions Architect (Space)
RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
THIS POSITION OFFERS A SIGN ON BONUS.
This position is located in Greenbelt, MD or Houston, TX
Around here, we define the future.
We are a company of innovators, thinkers, creators, explorers, volunteers, and dreamers. But we all share one goal: to improve the world responsibly and safely.
KBR is seeking a Sr. Solutions Architect for the Space and Mission Solutions (SMS) business unit. The Space Sr. Solutions Architect (SSA) will be a liaison between SMS operating divisions and the Business Development (BD) Team for the development and implementation of new systems and the operations, maintenance, and sustainment of current systems. The SSA will ensure that our solutions meet requirements and capabilities. They will evaluate applications, system requirements, developments, and evolving business needs. The SSA will also be responsible for recommending appropriate solutions and alternatives, ensure proper documentation and communication of solutions. The SSA will interact and lead design discussion with customer and receive their feedback on those designs. The SSA will be intimately involved in responding to customer Requests for Information and be integrated into various proposal response teams.
- Defining the solution and technical approach as the lead architect for new business initiatives.
- Keeping abreast of emerging trends in all relevant areas of space including: Satellite ground systems concepts, human space flight; range and launch systems support.
- Solutions may include full life cycle activities, encompassing requirements, design and development as well as mission operations and systems O&M.
- Solution architects work with Business Operations, Program Management and Business Development stakeholders to define key requirements / challenges and needs.
- Identify solution alternatives, select and market competitive solutions with a view to winning new business and growing contract portfolio.
- Often the lead to writing and developing influential white papers/presentations early in the acquisition cycle.
- Leads and creates proposal written and graphical content.
- Estimates all costs for labor, material, and other expenses required for proposed solutions.
- Develops basis of estimate and cost models for technical work scopes (including project management, design, development, testing, deployment, mission operations, O&M, service delivery management).
- Leads the development of the overall solution, including coordinating business, teammates, proposal and technical subject matter experts.
- Identifies partners and teammates to support efforts, develops SOWs and requirements for teaming and subcontractor agreements.
- Presents technical solutions both at internal step reviews and design workshops and in oral presentations to customers.
- Organizes and leads the technical work required to create compelling solutions, including identifying, acquiring, leading, motivating the technical team.
- Interfaces with development, account and executive management to develop and grow their portfolio of solutions and offerings and to increase company productivity and profits.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure bridging of the gap between our clients' challenges and the benefits available from company’s solutions and services.
- Interfaces with programs and delivery teams to ensure that corporate experience, best practices, product and capabilities are leveraged correctly.
- Ensures that capture technical budgets are adhered to and optimally utilized.
- Researches existing business and technical environment including trends, best practices, partnerships, and capabilities to ensure proposed solutions match business trends.
- Interfaces and participates in business development discussions across cross-functional teams and internal and external executive managements to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation.
- Minimum 10 years of general experience and knowledge with demonstrated success in space mission related systems engineering/hardware/software product development and sustainment
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role helping to define architecture, designs, or solutions for complex space systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree
- Demonstrated success as a technical lead with a strong understanding of space-related ground systems and networks.
- Proven track record of working on proposals and captures
- Experience in the following discipline(s): Business development, capture management, program management, engineering space environment, or civil space programs.
- Military, Intel, or civilian experience developing, operation, maintaining, or sustaining space-related ground support systems
- Masters in related discipline.
- Knowledgeable about NASA or NOAA programs, satellite ground systems, mission IT, space launch systems, space range systems, etc.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.