• SAIC is searching for candidates to perform capture management and business development involving key government opportunities with Navy, Marines, and Army customers in the Charleston, SC area.
• This position is a direct report to the Vice President, Business Development.
• The Capture Manager is responsible for directing and managing one (1) to four (4) pursuits simultaneously, accepting ownership and accountability for the proposed solution maturation through the Corporate Business Development and Capture Management Processes to include teaming and price to win strategies for compliant, compelling and winning proposals.
• The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen to develop teams and construct near term and long-range strategies for business development in designated pipelines.
• Demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain positive relationships having verifiable connections with Navy, Marine, and Army customers and corporate peers throughout the Charleston, SC area.
• Demonstrate competent and confident leadership with an ability to effectively develop and execute well-designed and thoroughly integrated capture plans following established internal gates and using standard tools and processes, with emphasis on win strategies, themes, value propositions, teaming, etc.
• Work also involves corporate teaming and leading technical and cost proposal volumes through final submission with specific focus on growth and capture initiatives within the organization.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive and often multi-tasking environment.
Other duties and responsibilities:
• Effective management and leadership of multiple capture teams
• Effective communication of resource requirements and leveraging resources assigned
• Effective collaboration with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers with an ability to translate technical information into proposal submissions
• Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements
• Assess probable competition and evaluate relative strengths and threats -- conduct Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
• Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
• Collaborate effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
• Identify gaps and develop strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
• Conduct and participate with internal gate requirements, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; lead and document lessons learned
• Lead and negotiate teaming agreements and strategic alliances
• Manage assigned portfolio of opportunities as the opportunity owner
• Manage opportunity identification, qualification and maturation to assist SAIC in determining Pursue/ No pursue & Bid / No Bid decisions
• Drive development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensure integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; support assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
• Ability to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment
• Communicate clearly with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers.
• Demonstrate sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values routinely reaching over $150M that meet and exceed challenging goals and quotas
• Required qualifications are Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, math, or physics disciplines. Active TS/SCI clearance
• Minimum of 10 years of management experience with DoD customers. 18 years of cumulative experience required.
• Proficient and proven ability in management based on industry best practices.
• Primary work location is Charleston, SC with travel up to 25% of the time to CONUS locations
• Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in contracting processes are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
• Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement and Task Order proposal response
• Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure
• Maintain excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable and confident working closely with senior and executive management within the company and with key federal customers