SAIC is seeking a seasoned senior space systems engineer and acquisition professional to provide systems engineering, acquisition strategy, and technical support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Directorate of Special Programs. SMC/SP equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires an individual with extensive experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of large scale space and ground systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems, and manage program system safety needs. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs. The position is based in El Segundo, CA. Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI clearance and have a willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Active TS/SCI clearance in JPAS or in-scope SSBI and with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS Degree – Engineering in relevant discipline.
• 14+ years of technical program management, systems engineering, and acquisition within the areas of Space, Space Control, and Reconnaissance.
• Experience with rapid capability prototyping and/or fielding.
• Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office.
• Must be able to work independently.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS: