REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Shall have at a minimum a B.S. degree in Meteorology, Oceanography, Physical Science, Computer Science, or in a related Mathematics and Engineering fields.
• Shall have 2 years of demonstrated experience in meteorological or oceanographic research and development in one of the following focus areas:
o NWP Focus: Must have research experience related to global and/or mesoscale NWP models and scripting along with parallel processing computing experience.
o DA Focus: Must have research experience related to global and/or mesoscale analysis or data assimilation software and scripting for the management of job submission and data processing tasks, including observation data handling and error handling.
o MAP focus: Must be co-developer for METOC applications including web-based applications and/or climatology applications with the ability to process data, analyze data, and write-up/publish results.
• Must demonstrate experience with a combination of FORTRAN, C, C++, or Java, and scripting programming languages using the LINUX operating system.
• Must have demonstrable report writing experience.
• Must have demonstrable data processing experience.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with a combination of FORTRAN, C, C++, or Java, and scripting programming languages using the LINUX operating system.
• High Performance Computing (HPC) experience.