SAIC has a new opportunity for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) / Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) to work on an exciting, fast-paced program. This position will work hand-in-hand with the customer team as well as external teammates across all program security functions.
• Conduct technical evaluation of information system design, focusing on information security aspects and accreditation
• Utilize various information system inspection tools to audit systems, analyze potential vulnerabilities and identify mitigation approaches
• Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support accreditation and other program protection activities
• Prepare and review program documentation to include Risk Assessment Reports, Accreditation Packages, and security policy guides
• Coordinate with external organizations and guide accreditation packages through the customer process
• Review requests for software installation and conduct technical risk assessment on implementation of the software
• Work closely with system administrators to validate patching, AV definitions and other security tools are updated/not vulnerable
• Coordinate and track security action requests and status
• Assist contractors with facility designs to incorporate appropriate security features, conduct pre- accreditation inspections, and provide assistance in preparation of accreditation documents
• Conduct periodic assessments of contractor facilities to ensure compliance with security requirements tailoring requirements as needed
• Assist customer staff with resolving any operational security issues involving supporting contractors
• Maintain operational security posture for the program
• Conduct weekly auditing requirements and analyze results
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
• The ISSO/ISSE provides technical expertise on computer network design, implementation, and accreditation.
• The ISSO/ISSE also provides oversight and coordination for multiple contractors supporting program objectives.
• Qualified candidates must possess a TS//SCI security clearance with polygraph. Must be available/able to travel up to 25%
• Candidate must be a great communicator (written and verbal) and be able to work with a group or independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Expertise in certification and accreditation
• Expertise in DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and NIST 800-53 policies and implementations
• Direct ISSO and/or ISSE experience working with accreditations - Experience interacting with program ISSM staff
• Experience with program security and information systems security best practices- Familiarity with security accreditation process
• Familiarity with applicable IC and DoD policies, procedures and operating instructions related to program security, information assurance and information management
• Experience managing privileged user requirements
• Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
• CISSP, Security+, and Network+ certifications preferred