SAIC is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven individual with a background in Information technology. This hands-on position will be responsible for partnering with other service providers and team members to ensure that appropriate IT solutions are delivered to meet the business needs of the New Mexico Design Engineering community. We are searching for a results-driven, forward-thinking individual with an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) background and collaboration skills, who is adept at understanding a customer's business goals and delivering IT solutions that enable them.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management of Information Systems, or relevant discipline and 2 years or more experience OR 6 years or more experience in lieu of degree
• Strong experience in Windows system administration; troubleshooting (system setup, account management, backup/restore, network printers, application installation and peripheral installations, etc.).
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with other IT professionals outside of the work center are also required.
• Basic understanding of network technologies and concepts
• Flexibility to work some nights and weekends are expected for system and service maintenance/upgrades.
• Must be able to walk up to a minimum of two miles per day in support of mission customers
• DOE Q or active DOD Top Secret to start with reciprocity approval
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or equivalent
• 5+ years of computer support at SNL
• Experience with SCN computers running in a MSVDI (Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
• Experience with multiple software programs (Adobe Photoshop, DOORS, PDMLink, Adobe Acrobat, Office Suite, scanning and printing software, etc)
• Experience with SNL escorting requirements and ability to manage work while escorting
• SNL site IT infrastructure experience to include SRN/SCN/SPN networking environments
• Understanding of VTC and conference rooms systems and configurations