JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
(5) or more years’ experience as a System Administrator providing support for the implementation and maintenance of IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution.
• Experience installing, configuring, upgrading and migrating Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 servers.
• Practical application and troubleshooting experience with systems that interface with Active Directory, Exchange and NetApp Tier 2&3 support in an enterprise level, globally distributed environment.
• Experience running scripts to manage/automate tasks related to Windows platforms.
• Experience with the deployment and maintenance of current and next generation Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) desktops.
• Customer support experience to include phone, email and in person contact as well as experience assisting end users with new desktop capabilities and/or software.
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications and technology.
• Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work well both independently and in teams.
• Proven ability to multi-task and to prioritize rapidly-changing task assignments.
• Ability to resolve configuration and or logistical issues using technical problem-solving skills.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience.
To qualify, you must also meet these basic qualifications:
• Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required to start.
• One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
• Strong communication skills
• Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
• Ability to lead and work as part of a team
Windows Server 2013
Dell Quest tools: Change Auditor, Identity Manager, Total Privilege Access Manager, GPOADmin