SAIC is looking for a Logistics Analyst to help us support the space community here in Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes. Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans. Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered expert in field within the organization.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Provides guidance to more junior team members to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect organization. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives FREEDOM TO ACT: Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results. IMPACT: Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources. LIASON: Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Qualifications - Bachelors with 10 years experience (work related experience can be substituted for degree.
- Active TS/SCI w/poly