- Military veterans preferred
2022-09-05 SAIC (www.saic.com)
Chantilly Virginia United States
SAIC is seeking qualified Systems Administrators. Positions are located throughout the Northern Virginia Area.The Systems Administrator will be responsible for servers and the operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for installing and administrating Unix/Linux operating configurations for servers and desktops and also serve as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment
- Install and maintain the UNIX or LINUX operating configurations on all organization servers and desktops
- Troubleshoot problems that may involve applications and the network
- Provide technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment
- Provide guidance and technical assistance as needed
- Maintain and update documentation on the operating systems' configuration
- Participate in various design reviews
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Experience performing technical Systems Administration & associated duties for; UNIX, or LINUX or Windows based systems
- Strong experience resolving complex system and network problems
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.