SAIC is currently seeking a Network Engineer in support of the Army’s telecommunication systems providing theory and principles to design, develop, install, implement, integrate, test, accept, and upgrade systems and networks. The candidate will provide engineering guidance, technical solutions, and manage the integration of Mission Command Information Systems and components across multiple domains.
Responsibilities Include - Telecommunications Systems Engineering performing the following functions for both strategic, operational and tactical based units:
- Design, plan, install, integrate and maintain backbone core-area tactical and strategic telecommunications networks, including portions of the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Plan, direct and supervise the installation, modification, test and acceptance of telecommunications systems and equipment.
- Design, develop and ensure compliance of telecommunications systems and networks.
- Plan, design and manage the integration of diverse types of telecommunications systems into interoperable information networks.
- Gather mission needs statements Initial Capabilities Document (MNSICD), and Operational Requirements Capability Development Documents (ORCDD), and Capability Production Documents (CPD) for telecommunications systems and translate requirements into technical solutions that are standards-based and cost efficient.
- Develop network architecture for adjacent, higher and lower units.
- Perform staff functions requiring telecommunication systems engineering expertise, such as quality assurance and control, information system security, information assurance, spectrum management, configuration management and network control.
Current/Prior experience as a Technical Warrant Officer (255A, 255N) or Signal Officer (25A)
Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
Bachelors of Science Degree (or Equivalent) and at least 9 years of related experience required.
8570.01 IAT Level II current: SSCP, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or Security+ CE.
Extensive experience in ABCS, CPOF Servers and Enterprise Systems Administration.
Knowledge and experience on Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012), VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi 5/6), VMware vCenter 5/6, Cisco Unified Call Manager and Linux Command Line.
CompTIA Network +, CCNA/CISSP certifications
CompTIA A+, MCSA 2008R2 or 2012 “preferred”
VMware Certified Associate (VCA6-DCV)
Experience on DoD ACAS & DoD HBSS
Linux Certification (RHCSA, Linux + or LPIC-1)