SAIC has an immediate need for a Telephone Technician to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA’s Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, LA. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide.
· Installation, termination, splicing and testing of primarily Voice and Data wiring, both copper and fiber, on occasion coaxial and other communications cable will be required.
· Installation of cable includes cross connects, in-house, underground, direct buried, aerial, both station and feeder cables.
· Technician must be capable of building telephone lines in the software and creating voice mail accounts for each customer, in addition to the field work.
· Field work includes New Installations, Relocates, Disconnects, Upgrades, Modifies and problem resolution of IT services.
· Employee will be expected to recognize data and data relationship problems and be able to solve independently.
· Employee will expected to assist Customer Support and will be On Call 24x7, rotating weeks with another technician.
· Technician must be able to take written and oral directions as well as having a strong sense for self-motivation and ability to work independently.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Must be able to hold Certifications for the following:
· Proficient in computer programs utilized which include electronic mail, Windows10, Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to learn in house computer applications such BMC Remedy, PBX Station and Voice Mail Databases, Patch Manager.
· Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions; adapt to changing organizational needs; take initiative and follow-through.
· Once hired, candidate must pass background checks and/or investigations required to obtain and maintain a NASA badge.
· Audio/Visual, Radio and Public Address system knowledge would be beneficial.
· VoIP experience would be beneficial.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.