Stennis Space Center
SAIC has an immediate need for a Voice Over IP Technician to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA’s Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. This position will be responsible for providing telephony solutions to the Center utilizing Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)/ Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (CUCCX) equipment with Cisco Integrated Services Routers, PRI interfaces to the PSTN and Cisco Voice Gateways supporting analog end points.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
o Dial plan management (route lists, route groups, route patterns)
o Single Cluster and Multi-cluster deployments
o Voice and Analog Gateways, PBX interfacing
o SIP trunking
o Disaster Recovery System
o Jabber clients for Windows, Mac, and mobile devices
o Understanding of call center operations
· Good understanding of network infrastructure hardware (routers, L2 and L3 Switches, etc).
· Must be able to route circuits, trunks and channels to satisfy customer requirements
· Must be familiar with modern TCP/IP networks with specific knowledge of VoIP QoS IP routing
· Strong telephony related trouble shooting skills
· Provide Tier II & III support; resolve incidents and work change tickets
· Must be flexible in a fluid environment and able to handle last minute requirements and priority changes.
· Team player with strong technical and interpersonal skills
· Basic understanding of traditional Public Branch Exchange (PBX) functionality
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively with customers and IT infrastructure team members
· Ability to develop briefings and present them to all levels of contract management and the customer
· Basic proficiency with MS Office products
· Valid motor vehicle driver’s license