SAIC is seeking an experienced professional to join the National Security Customer Group (NSG). NSCG provides specialized engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal customers. We support the next generation of national security-related space based systems.
The Program Director serves as the focal point for the Space Systems activities in support of the new Space Enterprise Vision and the protection of current and future National Security Space Systems. The position requires an understanding of the current national space architecture, and experience in developing architectures and systems to provide protection of space based capability under all contingencies. Duties will include managing one of our programs in support of an IC customer as well as being the manager for a number of other PMs who manage a number of smaller programs.
The Program Director will also be responsible for interfacing with Government customers and teammates at all levels to identify and pursue new opportunities, represent SAIC capabilities in customer forums, and provide a coordination function across current contracts and groups.
The Program Director will also be responsible for developing new business opportunities in the area of Space Control and the broader Space market. A background in modeling, technical review and assessment of architectures and systems including:
- Evaluating applications employing cutting edge technology and advanced concepts on a wide variety of Ground and Space systems
- Advising on issues of feasibility and applicability of relevant new technologies to protection concepts
- Developing documents and briefings to communicate work or study status
- Providing subject matter expertise in modeling systems and architecture performance
- Demonstrated communication/presentation, analytical and problem solving skills at executive levels in industry and/or government - Experience in generating enterprise level strategic plans - Extensive business acumen and ability to conduct customer assessments to support strategy development - 12+ years of experience supporting the IC/Defense market with focus on program management, leadership and technical improvement - Understanding of key financial metrics that are critical to business success - Experience partnering with Aerospace and Defense Contractors and Government Customers - Excellent writing and presentation generation skills - Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, ability to transact at both strategic and tactical levels - Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Acquisition Discipline required, - - Advanced Degree desired - Active TS/SCI with poly required