The Office Task Lead for Emergency Program Support will be responsible for the following:
• Plan, develop, implement, and maintain the DHS S&T COOP, Devolution, Reconstitution plan with associated annexes within the Continuity Program.
• Plan, develop, and implement the DHS S&T COOP training, exercise and drills.
• Plan, develop, implement, and maintain the DHS S&T MCM Program within guidelines of the DHS Department Guidance Statement and Office of Health Affairs.
• Plan, develop and implement the DHS S&T MCM training exercise and drills within guidelines of the DHS Department Guidance Statement and Office of Health Affairs.
• Plan and conduct required COOP Audits at DHS S&T locations.
• Plan and conduct required MCM Audits at DHS S&T locations.
• Develop, implement, and maintain situational awareness planning in regards to Pandemic, Avian Flu, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS), H7N9 Avian Influenza (Human), Measles, Seasonal Influenza Activity, Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), and others affecting DHS S&T.
• Implement an employee outreach program related to emergency preparedness (e.g. Emergency Relocation Group/Devolution Emergency Response Group (ERG)/Reconstitution Planning Team, MCM Point of Distribution (POD) Team, service bulletins, new hire training, ERG Desk side briefings, Emergency Notification System testing, etc.).
• Assist and support the development, implementation, and maintaining of an Occupant Emergency program for the Vermont Avenue facility that includes plans, procedures, and employee/occupant test, training, and exercise initiatives with ESH.
• Establish and maintain the DHS S&T Continuity Program based on a Multi-Year Strategy and Program Management Plan (including Risk Management) in accordance with applicable Federal requirements, specifically Federal Continuity Directive 1 & 2.
• Support the National Operations Center (NOC) and serve as DHS S&T’s liaison to the NOC for operations and planning functions, as well as information sharing, collaboration, and integration.
• Provide seasonal labor support during special events including, but not limited to, Eagle Horizon series exercises and National Security Special Events affecting DHS S&T.
• Support management and operations of DHS S&T Continuity Sites.
• Develop and maintain a Risk Management Plan for the S&T Continuity Program in compliance with applicable Federal requirements for business process/impact analyses, risk assessments, and Mission Essential Function validation.
• Develop, establish, and maintain the DHS S&T Test, Training, and Exercise program for continuity including full scope support, facilitation, evaluation, and documentation of DHS S&T participation in National Continuity Exercises (e.g. Eagle Horizon and MCM,).
• Participate in required emergency programs working groups including, but not limited to the Inter-Agency Continuity Working Group, Department of Homeland Security Continuity Working Group, Department of Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness, etc.
• Support DHS S&T Continuity and All Hazards preparedness as needed
• Develop, implement and maintain additional plans, standard operating procedures, and/or white papers, including budgetary requirements as necessary to support DHS S&T allhazards preparedness.
Ten (10)+ years of experience and a MA/MS degree. Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Experience with emergency management, training, exercise and drills.
Obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
Desired Qualifications Experience with DHS.