Join SAIC’s cyber security team and work on this effort that encompasses technical, engineering, management, operation, logistical and administrative support for cyber security operations. The ideal candidate will have broad and deep experience in cyber security with demonstrated successes in supporting a large scale IT infrastructure encompassing overseas and domestic facilities.
The Computer Investigations and Forensics Division conducts digital evidence recovery and analysis in support of criminal investigations, online and cyber investigations involving agency information, systems and personnel, and technical surveillance investigative support. The Digital Forensics Lab processes and analyzes digital evidence utilizing a wide variety of advanced computer technologies, encryption schemes, and forensic tools in support of criminal investigative functions. The Lab provides support throughout the investigative process to include, but not limited to, on-scene search warrant support, evidence processing and imaging (to include mobile devices), analysis, report writing and expert witness testimony.
The Task Manager will oversee personnel and activities supporting the Cyber Investigations & Forensics Program. Interfaces and coordinates with Government leads with key focus on effective, efficient, and compliant support. Executes proper staffing, providing appropriate, qualified, and sufficient resources to meet specified requirements. Establishes work duties and schedules, and addresses work discrepancies. Supervises and communicates program policies, purposes, and goals to subordinates. Formulates and enforces work standards. Performs quality control; ensures contractor performance meets established performance standards. Monitors, tracks, and reports on the status of activities. Identifies, promotes, and implements process improvements.
The team shall perform specific activities that include, but not limited to the following:
- Conduct forensic examinations of digital evidence;
- Ensure that forensic community accepted principles and practices are applied by staff in retrieving, recovering, preserving, and analyzing digital evidence;
- Collaborate with other forensic analysts, law enforcement officers, and legal experts to identify and recommend methods and procedures for recovery, preservation, analysis, and presentation of digital evidence;
- Utilize industry accepted forensic tools (e.g.: EnCase, FTK, NUIX, Cellebrite, etc.);
- Conduct mobile device forensic analysis in support of criminal investigations (to include Chip-Off and JTAG Analysis);
- Conduct audio-video/multimedia enhancement and analysis;
- Represent the agency and provide expert witness testimony on digital forensic analyses conducted;
- Travel to domestic locations and overseas missions in support of search warrants and judicial proceedings;
- Directly supports the Cyber Investigations program with on-scene digital evidence collection and imaging; and
- Provide investigative analytical support by leveraging open source intelligence and law enforcement databases in support of agency criminal investigative mission.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Forensics, or other related scientific or technical discipline is desirable.
General Experience: 10 years of experience in intelligence, computer security, computer forensics, or technical analysis with increasing responsibilities.
Specialized Experience: Seven (7) years of experience in computer forensics with a focus on support law enforcement investigations. Five (5) years of technical task management and supervisory experience.
Certification Required: Certified Forensic Examiner
Required Clearance: Top Secret
Must be Able to Travel CONUS and OCONUS
Desired Qualifications Certification Desired: CISSP