The main function of the knowledge management position would be to help champion organization-wide knowledge sharing, to enable the organization’s processes, procedures, information and experience to be shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organization with clients, partners, and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organization's operational business processes and systems by, among others, strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems, and improving integration among information systems in the organization, to facilitate seamless exchange of information across systems;
- Promote collaborative tools such as activity rooms to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners;
- Organize, monitor and update existing client database within Microsoft collaborative environment (Access, Outlook, Project and SharePoint).
- Share experiences across communities of practice, business units, and networks on innovative approaches in knowledge sharing, including preparation of case studies;
- Help monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing program, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities;
- Help disseminate information about the organization's knowledge sharing program to internal and external audiences, including organizing knowledge sharing events (such as knowledge fairs, site visits, interviews), maintaining communications on knowledge sharing across the organization, participation in orientation and training sessions, and preparation of brochures/presentations.
- Organize documents within SharePoint to facilitate ease of retrieval, search and security.
- Establish and maintain metrics for assessment performance and customer satisfaction.
Communications: Ability to get consensus and collaboration across many business units; ability to explain complex concepts in layman's language; ability to generate enthusiasm; ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff. Establishing straightforward, productive relationships; showing great drive and commitment to the organization’s mission; inspires others: Maintaining high standards of personal integrity;
Client Orientation: Understands clients' needs and concerns; responds promptly and effectively to client needs; Customizes services and products as appropriate
Teamwork: Collaborates with others in own unit and across boundaries; willing to seek help as needed. Influencing and resolving differences across organizational boundaries: Gaining support and commitment from others even without formal authority; resolving differences by determining needs and forging solutions that benefit all parties; promoting collaboration and facilitating teamwork across organizational boundaries.
Learning and knowledge sharing: open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharingAnalytical Thinking and Decisive Judgment - analyzing issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and 0 years related experience or relevant experience.
Familiarity with developing and delivering knowledge sharing.
· Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
· SECRET Security Clearance.
· Experience in establishing effective partnerships within and outside the organization