The Cyber Security Assessment Support (CSAS) Cyber Security Analyst 3/4 position provides in-depth understanding of specific cyber systems and issues. As part of a cross-functional team of cyber security professionals, the Cyber Security Analyst position understands the challenges associated with providing cyber security assessment support, especially when the assessments are conducted during the acquisition life cycle for Command and Control, Agile Combat, and business and enterprise systems or sustainment of legacy systems. The Cyber Security Analyst provides cyber security support specializing in Security processes, Risk Management Framework, Risk Assessment, tools, and controls.
Cyber Security Analyst 3/4:
• Provides in-depth understanding of specific cyber systems and issues within the Command and Control, Agile Combat, and business and enterprise systems portfolios.
• Reviews and recommends Scientific Technical Information (STI) for approval.
• Provide assessment and authorization recommendation (A&A) support to programs of record during the acquisition lifecycle as well as sustainment of legacy systems and software within the assigned mission area including Rapid Cyber Acquisition (RCA), platform Information Technology (IT) systems/components, and Research and Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E).
• Provide knowledge in the area of cyber security independent verification and validation.
• Perform site audits to validate the implementation of system security controls including user and developer procedures, physical countermeasures, and risk mitigation actions. Document cyber security site audit findings and recommendations.
Provide support to programs of record during all phases of the acquisition lifecycle in the development of prototypes and processes for improving the cyber security posture of systems and software.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
2 + Years with BS 0 Years with MS
2 +years’ experience with cyber vulnerability assessments techniques and procedures.
• Department of Defense Directive 8140 IAT Level II required.
• In-depth understanding of cyber security processes, procedures, and controls.
• Excellent problem-solving skill.
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
• Knowledge and proficiency in using the Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
• Knowledge of MS Outlook.
• Requires an active Secret clearance.