SAIC is looking for a well-qualified Systems Administrator to join an exciting program in Springfield, Virginia. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn while supporting the Information Technology Operations and Maintenance Server Team providing enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available server technology solutions.
The diverse *nix server-based solutions include a variety of major technology vendors including AIS, Microsoft, RedHat, Splunk, Tenable, ServiceNow, and SolarWinds with a majority of the Linux-hosted enterprise services running on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). The Systems Administrator will support the mid-level internal escalation tier(s) providing troubleshooting support and remediation guidance for the Server System, Application, and Services in a timely manner. Additionally, the candidate will contribute to the production and maintenance of documentation for the Server Team’s solution system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use in the Activity’s IT Solutions portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, processes and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other area of server system life-cycle planning.
Job responsibilities include the installation, configuration, securing and hardening, testing, sustainment, upgrading, remediation, and decommissioning across the IT enterprise’s multi-platform information systems.
- An active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information (TS/SCI);
- The ability to successfully complete a polygraph;
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriately computer-related field from an accredited university, [OR] one of the following certifications:
- The CompTIA A+CE certification,
- The CompTIA Network+CE certification,
- The CompTIA Security+CE (preferred) certification, or
- The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC2) Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification; and
- Five or more years of hands-on experience providing operations and maintenance support of Linux-based enterprise server operating systems (primarily RHEL) and server applications and services, such as Red Hat Satellite, Ansible, Puppet, etc., hosted on platforms of varying size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Three or more years experience installing, configuring, tuning, securing, operating, and maintaining Red Hat Satellite as the infrastructure management solution to keep deployed production RHEL environments running efficiently, securely and compliant within an enterprise production environment. Working knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Red Hat Satellite 6.3 or newer is a plus.
- Three or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Three or more years of personal and hands-on experience planning, implementing, configuring, documenting, and maintaining Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) configurations, to include Multi Category Security (MCS) and Multi Level Security (MLS), on supported Linux platforms, to include RHEL.
- Experience providing operations and maintenance support to third-party anti-viral and anti-malware products installed on RHEL platforms.
- Experience understanding and applying vendor guidance and best practices to securely implement, configure and support the use of an established Microsoft Active Directory as a centralized identity and authentication solution for supported Linux platforms, with focus on RHEL.
- Experience monitoring deployed production Linux platforms for performance, availability, and/or security degradation, issues, problems, and/or risks and proactively recommending platform tuning, maintenance, upgrades, or other appropriate correct or remediate them before they impact the business, mission function, or end-user directly.
- Experience authoring, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing scripted technologies, such as Microsoft PowerShell or Linux, Bash, Perl, Python, etc., to automate and orchestrate routine operations and maintenance duties and responsibilities.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Certifications: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA). Red
Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification most highly desired. Red Hat Certified Specialist in Server Security and
Hardening or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified
UNIX Security Administrator (GCUX) certified. Technical certifications in
other enterprise-level OSs, applications, and technologies, such as Cisco,
Microsoft, Splunk, and SolarWinds are a plus. Strong understanding and
hands-on experience with RHEL 6 and 7 are most desired.
Top Secret clearance with access to SCI; Having successfully completed a
Polygraph within the last five (5) years
Experience: Operating and maintaining Windows Server 2016. Yum and RPM and implementing, configuring, operating,
maintaining, and synchronizing repositories. Implementing, configuring, securing, operating, and
maintaining enterprise solutions to meet vendor and industry INFOSEC
guidance and best practices, DISA SRG/STIG, Information Assurance (IA)
compliance and governance demands, such as the use of cryptography to
satisfy Data-at-Rest Encryption (DARE) and Data-in-Flight Encryption
(DIFE) requirements. Providing mentorship and On the Job Training (OJT) to
junior and/or lesser experienced team members. Providing O&M support to Splunk Core, Enterprise
Security (ES), and User Behavior Analytics (UBA) running on RHEL 7
platforms. Experience providing O&M support to the Tenable
Security Center Continuous View suite to include Continuous View, Nessus,
Log Correlation Engine (LCE), and Passive Vulnerability Scanners (PVS)
running on RHEL 7 platforms. Enterprise-grade IT solutions across the technology
stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers,
applications, and services. Cross Domain Solutions (CDSs) capable of providing
access to Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS) and Operational
Domains, specifically with AIS SecureView CDS.