SAIC is seeking candidates for the Cloud One Common
Computing Environment (CCE) program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management
Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing
global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting
mission systems, applications, services, and data that will serve the U.S. Air
Force (USAF) and U.S. Army (USA). Cloud One incorporates the capabilities of
commercial cloud and Managed Service Providers (MSP) residing in Cloud Service
Providers (CSPs). Cloud One facilitates the USAF and USA’s efforts to migrate
applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to
support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for
increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF and USA's IT
operations. The candidate for this position may work anywhere in the United
States. There is no requirement to work at a SAIC or customer site to support Cloud
The candidate for this position:
- Architects, engineers, plans, configures, deploys, maintains, and upgrades systems across the enterprise. Systems supported may include servers, workstations, tablets, smart phones, and other devices utilized to access and generate data. Tasks include requirements definitions, analysis and engineering, integration activities, validation and verification, operational maintenance, and performance analysis.
- Will design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain workstations and workstation components supporting end user computing activities which enable the end user to access resources and generate deliverables.
- Works with vendors for prototyping, testing, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Coordinates with corporate and government customers to develop and determine requirements and adapt to changing needs.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture policies and industry best practices.
- Leads the design in system specifications, input/output processes, and parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves highly complex program support deficiencies.
- Designs, tests, and implements operating systems, enterprise services and management of IT systems and applications.
- Will manage the endpoint management systems to provide a secure computing environment, to include delivery of relevant and necessary software, relevant and necessary security patches and providing detailed reporting on hardware assets, software assets and current configuration posture.
- Supports incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Researches and evaluates capabilities and tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT strategy.
- Troubleshoots and solves technical and non-technical issues.
- May be involved in all aspects of the infrastructure in a classified environment including clients, servers, firewalls, electronic data traffic, network access, messaging, communication services, collaboration, and data availability.
Complexity: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult
problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable
factors. Solutions are imaginative,
thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous
decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays
and considerable expenditure of resources.
Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing
solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. In lieu of a degree an additional four (4) years of experience is required.
Any DevOps Certification.
A secret security clearance is required.
Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices.
Experience supporting USAF or USA software development projects.
SAFe DevOps certification
DevOps Foundation Certification
Experience supporting software migration efforts