Network Operations Technician
- Military veterans preferred
Description SAIC has an opportunity for a Network Operations Technician!
Duties & Responsibilities
controls, and isolates problems in a data communications network.
- Monitors all
- Activates/deactivates network lines according to established
- Performs first- and/or second-level problem determination (first
level is help desk).
- Interfaces with users and/or network vendors.
- Responsible for providing technical support for LAN/WAN or for a section of a larger network.
- May perform installation, modification, coordinating, and testing of network equipment.
- Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general
and detailed aspects of Network
their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
This position will require shift work in a 24/7 environment. The schedule is Sunday-Wednesday from 9pm-7am.
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience
- Considerable knowledge of basic network architecture and infrastructure desired.
- Understanding of various IP routing protocols helpful.
- Layer 1 - 3 OSI troubleshooting knowledge helpful.
More Jobs For Veterans...