SAIC has a need for a Aviation Airworthiness and Safety SW Test Engineer with real-time embedded software development and test experience. This person will set up a test lab to analyze and test various multi-core processor architectures. The end effort will be the foundation for developing the software airworthiness qualification approach for Army Aviation equipment that will use multi-core processor chips in future designs.
This is a new area for Army Aviation Software Airworthiness and Safety- after the test lab is set up, the engineer will develop tests and collect data to identify and characterize interferences and resource contention as well as test partitioning schemes between safety critical applications to ensure determinism within the safety critical software applications. The multi-core processors will run a Real Time Operating System (RTOS) as required for safety critical software applications.
- Requirements definition and verification
- Design documentation
- S/W allocation and configurations settings, worst case execution timing (WCET) analyses & bootloader
- Test plan development, test driver development, performance and documents test results.
- Position involves knowledge of software development, Real Time Operating Systems, embedded programming and testing.
- Direct experience with army aviation equipment considered a plus.
- Successful candidate must possess an Interim SECRET clearance.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience