Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented UI-UX Designer interested in joining our team in Reston, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• Employ participatory design, creative brainstorming and other techniques to collaborate with software developers, systems engineers and other product team members as part of an agile software development team
• Ensure applications are meeting the customers IT Accessibility Standards
• Map workflows, user paths, create storyboards, wireframes, mockups, low and high fidelity prototypes and write UI specifications to support development across multiple applications and platforms
• Design graphic, icons and other visual elements as necessary
• Evaluate designs using user-centric design techniques such as UI reviews and cognitive walk-throughs
• Maintain an awareness of current trends in technology design and usability, and share this information across multiple teams
• Participate in working groups and/or meetings with application stakeholders to discuss user requirements and/or present wireframes and mockups
• BA or BS plus 5 years of experience
• 2+ years of experience in UI/UX design, UX strategy, and usability research and testing
• Experience delivering products that work across a range of browsers and platforms
• Understanding of 508 Accessibility standards. Experience delivering and meeting them preferred.
• Excellent understanding of the life cycle process of website development (discovery, planning, design, requirements, coding, testing, and user testing and evaluation)
• Experience with web design using (Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium, Sublime Text, Atom, etc…)
• Excellent communication and writing skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience).
• Experience with Lean, Agile, DevOps tools such as Atlassian Confluence, JIRA
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity