Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Engineer/Virtualization Operations (VMWare) to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
Perform day-to-day operational functions in support of the USDA Virtual server environment with an emphasis on VMware. Provide on-call coverage for all Windows, Solaris and Linux systems identified in the operational area of responsibility. Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of projects related to the virtualization environment. This position is NOT responsible for server builds and decommissions on any server OS platforms. This position is also NOT responsible for DFS initialization, hub spoke server initial configuration, and field server replacements.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Work locally or remotely with USDA technical resources to perform deployment, configuration, customization, and integration of virtual machines in both VMware and Hyper-V environments.
• Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly checks and routine maintenance tasks such as patching for all virtual servers in accordance with established policy and procedures.
• Report service disruption or degradation, perform necessary incident response, recommend, and implement corrective action to appropriate technical administration staff, and monitor for successful resolution within the defined SLA.
• Provide recommendations to improve operational delivery, reduce errors/defects during process execution, ensure coordination with support (government and vendor) on all issues that are not considered routine in nature
• Serve as Tier 2 technical support escalation point from Tier I for virtual servers supporting contractor operated services.
• Maintain and report overall virtual server operational health for contractor managed systems.
• Actively escalate in a timely manner all issues to USDA federal staff, and coordinate problem identification and troubleshooting calls with all necessary parties.
• Monitor and assess the overall performance of the USDA virtual server environment and provide recommendations for continuous improvement, to implement and/or to restore optimal performance.
• Perform troubleshooting, operational and administration tasks on virtual servers supporting contractor operated services.
• Configure virtual devices to the appropriate DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) or another approved hardening guide, respond to audits on same.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field and 6 years of experience.
• Must have a full and technical understanding of VMware, vCenter, and ESXi server
• VMware experience must be recent (within last 2 years)
• Good interpersonal and communication (verbal and written), experience in developing and implementing policies, plans, and procedures
• Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases and peripherals.
• Hyper-V knowledge and experience
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity