Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Windows Desktop Engineer to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The candidate will work as a member of Architecture and Engineering team and provide Windows Desktop and Server administration for TASPD team and customers. You will operate and maintain Windows workstations and servers that enable CBP to protect our borders and keep America safe.
• Provide Windows Enterprise Support
• Provide Server Administration and Configuration
• Provide Server Configuration and Updates
• Provide Application team OS Support
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years’ specialized experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows desktops, laptops, and servers for medium to large scale enterprises
• Active MCSE certification
• Expertise with Windows 7 and 10
• Basic TCP/IP and routing knowledge
• Familiarity using SQL Server, Internet Information Server, and SharePoint Server
• Supported at least one enterprise Windows/Active Directory migration project
Desired knowledge and experience includes:
• Experience using PowerShell or similar tool
• Experience installing, configuring, or troubleshooting MQ
• Experience managing and troubleshooting Windows workstations and servers using RDP and Telnet
• Experience configuring network switches or routers
• Experience installing, configuring, or troubleshooting FTP and SFTP servers/services
• Current or prior CBP experience
• A+ Hardware / Networking
• A+ Security
• Clearance - Must have a current CBP BI or be eligible to obtain one.
• Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Job Location - Alexandria (Kingstowne), VA
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity