Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented DevOps Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The DevOps Engineer will develop and maintain automated systems used for development, testing, and deployment of various software components within an SDLC while adhering to current DevOps principals and methodologies, and providing support for a fast-paced software development team.
The ideal candidate will have implemented solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. The candidate must have working knowledge and experience in the CI/CD realm.
The DevOps Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization. The DevOps Engineer must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects
- 5 to 10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- Experience with revision code source code repositories in particular git and SVN
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
- Understanding of typical three tier enterprise application architectures
-Practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experience as a DevOPS engineer in a scalable production environment
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite, Sonar, Crucible Nexus, and Electric Commander
- Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB)
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, JMeter)
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or similar scripting techniques
- Full BI required prior to startAbout Unisys
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity