Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. Junior to mid level. Must have either Java and/or devops/scripting experience.
PDA Developer / Analyst
Seeking a PDA Developer / Analyst to join our team in Suitland, MD.
Job and Role Description:
Support NOAA’s Product Distribution and Access (PDA) system. This is the portal through which NOAA will distribute near-real-time data from both current and next generation weather satellites. The PDA system interacts constantly with a large Oracle Enterprise database environment. Software to be supported includes data receipt from low-level processing systems, middleware and database that manage the data and creates custom data products for users, and the user portal through which users request products and configure subscriptions for the receipt of those products.
• Support the delivery of the system from the development contractor and the transition into the production environment.
• Monitoring, troubleshooting, and developing solutions to operational problems that arise. Implementing, testing, and validating enhancements from the development contractor and developing coding solutions for functions beyond the baseline system functionality (“tailoring”).
• Share on-call duties for off hours (evenings/weekends/holidays) anomaly response on a weekly rotating basis with other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop software solutions that will meet or exceed business requirements; the development effort includes designing and implementing modules to the system specifications, conducting unit testing, troubleshooting issues and producing detailed proposals to resolve issues.
• Evaluate new coding techniques, tools, technologies, and implement as appropriate.
• Mentor entry and mid-level developers.
• Consult on requirements solicitation and definition.
• Design software solutions per systems requirements.
• Code software solutions per designs.
• Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
• Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing guidance and training.
• Support testing and remediate defects.
• Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of production logs and data.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience equivalent.
• Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
• Ability to lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
• United States Citizenship
• Must be able to work in a Team Environment
• Experience with the Key elements of the target software environment including:
o SQL scripting
o ActivMQ messaging / Enterprise Service Bus
o PHP, Python, and Shell scripting
o RHEL 6/7 on VM-ware, Windows 10
o Apache, WSO2
o ClearCase, Subversion, Bamboo, JIRA
• C, C++, Fortran, IDL
• Tripwire Enterprise and Tripwire Log Center
• Solarwinds Enterprise monitoring and alerting
• Systems Administration experience in Linux and Windows environments
• Database programming. Oracle preferred
• Database administration. Oracle preferred
• netCDF-4, arcGIS, other meteorological/scientific data formats
• Minimum 5+ more years’ experience
• Experience supporting a system in an Enterprise IT environment
• Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
• Waterfall and/or Agile System Development Life Cycle (SCLC)
• Programming engineering or science disciplines
• NASA/NOAA ground system and product generation/distribution experience a plus
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity